Friday, January 2, 2009

Eli is here!



December 15th was a scary, but GREAT day for Ryan and I. Little did we know that our son would come into the world that day. I woke up sick and went to work to make subplans. Ahhh, the joys of being a teacher. As I was leaving and walking up the hall, Lynda Newcomb said to me, "Just think, you might have that baby tonight." I laughed and told her that I thought I would croak. Well she was right and I haven't croaked yet.

I had a regular doctor's appointment that day, but when I went my blood pressure was up and everything just went crazy from there. Needless to say and despite all of the craziness, Eli arrived at 8:05pm that night. The next couple of days are fuzzy (for me at least). I was on a lot of medicine. I only really remember things that I see in pictures, videos, or what people tell me.

The Lord works in mysterious ways and he brought our son into this world safe and sound. Eli is such a little blessing and Ryan and I are both so thankful for that! Ryan and I are both so thankful for the families that we both have and grateful for all the time spent helping us get into our new role as parents!




2 comments:

Wolford Family said...

Absolutely beautiful! Enjoy it! I'm so happy for you guys!

Emily said...

I can't wait to meet Eli!!! Let me know of a good time I can bring you all your goodies from your class! Em