Saturday, June 13, 2009

Daddy's Turn

Eli and Daddy at Outback on Mommy's Birthday

It's time for Daddy to do a little blogging. Eli has been such a blessing to our family. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for blessing Anna and I with such a beautiful baby. Eli is a laid back little one (although he has his moments, I blame that on Anna's genes). Eli is full of smiles and giggles from the moment he wakes up in the morning, until he goes to bed at night. I can't even attempt to express in words how it feels to go in Eli's room in the morning and see him look up and smile at me. Anna and I have adjusted well to parenthood. Although at times, I am sure Anna feels like she is raising two children.


We have one laid back little boy!

Eli loves to be outside and I take him for walks around the house a lot. He likes to go from tree to tree and touch all the leaves. We go around the yard and I tell him what every plant and flower is named. Of course, he has ripped his fair share of flowers off plants but Daddy doesn't mind a bit. Eli is so curious. His little head is constantly whipping one way and then the other. There is nothing going on around him that he doesn't notice. This curiosity makes it hard for Eli to take naps during the day. He can't bring himself to close his eyes long enough to take a nap. When ever he finally decides to take a nap, it is only for 30 minutes at a time.


Hampden-Sydney Class of 2031

I try to enjoy every second of Eli being this little, but I can't help to think ahead to all of the great times we are going to have once he starts getting around on his own. He has so much to learn. We have to teach him to cast a fishing pole, shoot a jump shot, and make a perfect form tackle. All of these lessons can wait though, because Anna and I are enjoying every second of Eli's development. I can't help but feel like the luckiest man on earth because I have been blessed with such a beautiful family.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I can babysit!
Cathy